a Recipe from a local vendor, http://bountynb.ca/nosh/recipes/honey-glazed-salmon-with-blueberry-coulis/, Honey from a local Farm; & Salmon from a fellow vendor as well.
You nevor know what you can find at your Market. Talk to your Vendor about what they have...you nevor know what you might learn.
I have talked before about Honey and its' health Benfits;
" Honey contains many minerals and immune -boosting properties.- Honey is also not considered a refined sugar. This means that if you substitute Honey in place of refined sugar you will have a slower release of glucose into your blood stream....and when you have blood sugar in check .... you’ll crave fewer carbs"
I have also learned that eatin local Honey can help with Seasonal Alergies. It helps boost your natural anitbodies againt local polens.
Salmon is also wonderful for your health; http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/benefits-of-salmon
- Salmon is rich in Omega- 3 which has benefits towards helping prevent certain Cancers
- Salmon is a highly nutritious food. High in protein, and the “good fats."
- did you know that a 4 oz serving of wild salmon provides a full day’s requirement of vitamin D? It is one of the few foods that can make that claim.
- That same piece of fish contains over half of the necessary B12, niacin, and selenium, and is an excellent source of B6 and magnesium.
- Canned salmon also contains large amounts of calcium (due to the bones of the fish).